Our 65 year old client was an inpatient at a nursing home due to profound physical and mental pre-existing conditions. His treatment plan required that all food presented to him be cut up into pieces, as there was a risk of him choking due to his limitations. Unfortunately, a nursing home staff member failed to follow the established protocol, and gave a whole muffin to our client. Our client then choked on the food, causing him to suffer a cardiac arrest and resulting brain damage. The settlement funds will permit him to receive the ongoing higher level of care that he now requires due to the brain injury.
Category : Nursing Home Negligence
Date : 15 Jan 2017