Marc C. Brotman has been actively devoted to the practice of law in Florida since 1982. He has concentrated his practice to personal injury and medical malpractice litigation.
Initially, he gained extensive trial experience while defending physicians, hospitals, manufacturers of products that contained asbestos and insurance companies. Later, he turned to exclusively representing the victims and their families who were injured or suffered damages due to the fault of others. He has served as lead trial counsel in over 200 jury trials.
Of note, he was lead counsel in the highly publicized matter of Amora v. State of Florida that resulted in the highest jury verdict ever against the Department of Children and Families (35 million dollars). He has published and lectured to fellow lawyers on issues of medical malpractice, automobile negligence and damages for continuing legal education.
In 1996, Marc founded the firm that has since grown to become Brotman Nusbaum Ibrahim & Adelman. He has been Board Certified in Civil Trial Law since 1992, and has continued to retain that distinction.
Marc has achieved and retained the highest rating, “AV”, by Martindale-Hubbell, which is an independent lawyer rating publication based upon peer review. In addition, he has previously been selected for recognition as a “SuperLawyer” in that magazine.
Marc’s interests and activities include family, golf, skiing, and fitness. He resides in Parkland, Florida.
- University of Michigan – B.G.S. 1978
- Cumberland School of Law – J.D. 1982
- “A.V.” Rated “Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2007-2010, 2014
- American Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- Florida Justice Association – Eagle Patron
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Bar, 1982
- US District Court, Southern District
- US District Court, Middle District
Areas of Practice:
- Personal injury
- Automobile crashes, trucking accidents, slip/trip and falls, golf cart accidents, motorcycle crashes, pedestrian injuries, work-related injuries, premises cases, playground injuries, daycare injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
Litigation Percentage: 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties: Florida Bar, Civil Trial Law, 1992 to date